Friday, June 1, 2012

The Cloch na Blarnan and the Gift of the Gab

Happy Easter! Today was another great day in good old Ireland. We took another day trip and went to Cork and to Blarney Castle to give a little peck to the famous Blarney Stone. First of all, we did not expect the area of the castle to be as gorgeous as it was and we were once again pleasantly surprised. So we climbed the steep steps to the top of the castle and kissed the Blarney Stone and are now bestowed with the gift of eloquence!
One red hair... my Irish transformation
 
Blarney Castle
The line
 
 

While reading one of the information signs there I found out that the possible origin of the stone was from something called Lia Fail and was used to sort out Scottish and Irish kings. (If you click the name it'll bring you to the Blarney Stone website that has information about it.) I'm so proud of my little name! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Later we went to Cork City and ate our Easter meal at a hotel restaurant. I guess a tuna sandwich and seafood chowder isn't very Easter-y but it was still good. To celebrate Easter some more we got some jelly beans on our way home. We would have waited but apparently the Easter bunny doesn't bring candy to hostels. This was really the first holiday I haven't been home for and that was a little sad but I'm going home so soon that I can't even be homesick!

No comments:

Post a Comment