Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Luck of the Irish

We made it to Dublin, Ireland! After some careful deliberation we planned out our travels to each end of the Republic of Ireland, including the Cliffs of Moher and the Blarney Stone. Today we did a short tour of Dublin just to see what it was all about. Since we came to Dublin on Good Friday we were able to experience one of the two days of the entire year that the distribution of alcohol is illegal. Just our luck. I'm sure we experience a whole other side of Ireland that day, even though many of the locals planned ahead and stocked up on alcohol beforehand to get them through the long day.
The more I think about it the more I can't believe this is my last trip during the semester. I feel like my first trip, to Wales, just happened. Once again, I feel so deeply grateful that I've gotten to travel to so many parts of the world and experience so many diverse cultures already.

No comments:

Post a Comment